Puzzle League Heaven

You've hit the top of the screen and gone to heaven.

Forums

Forum Home > Tournaments! > PLH Grand Opening Cup

BusterTheFox
Site Owner

Registered participants:
NAME - FRIEND CODE - TIME ZONE

BusterTheFox - 318118-041762 - USA West [GMT -8]
Tektonik - Information currently unknown
Yu-Gi-Joou - Information currently unknown

Name: Puzzle League Heaven Grand Opening Cup
Game: Planet Puzzle League
Type: Wi-Fi Elimination Challenge
Prize: I've been wanting to have a legitimate logo for this site for a while, so I'll use this as an excuse to make one. The winner (Or second place if I [BusterTheFox] win) will have their username and avatar listed on the topbar as a "Featured Member". I suppose later on I'll have a monthly tourney to decide who goes up there next. :D If you're not interested in that, I'll at least let you have a say in what the image should look like, although I can't do anything too special (If I was good at creating images we would already have a logo! x3)

Rules:

To enter this tournament, registration at Puzzle League Heaven (Or tetrisattack.org at this link: http://tetrisattack.org/taforum/index.php?topic=5609.0) is required. To create an account, click on this link: http://puzzleleague.webs.com/apps/members/

If you wish to enter this tournament, create a post below stating that you would like to enter, along with your Planet Puzzle League Friend Code. If you do not have a friend code, you can obtain one by connecting to the Nintendo WFC in-game. IMPORTANT: PLEASE ALSO INCLUDE YOUR TIME ZONE INFORMATION SO THAT OTHERS WILL BE ABLE TO ORGANIZE A MATCH WITH YOU! :)

Registration is open until at least four people join and post both friend code/time zone information. Once four people have joined, I'll contact them all (most likely via PM) and let them know who they will be matched with. At that time, I'll help you set up a date and time for the match to take place.

You and your opponent will add each other's friend codes and have a standard Garbage Battle. Both players must post either a win or a loss directly following the battle. Winners will go on the the next round! :)

Winner takes all! Good luck!

August 26, 2011 at 4:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Yu-Gi-Joou

I actually haven't played this game in a long time, much less online, but heck if you haven't lit a fire under my feet and given me a little twang of curiosity as to how things are after all this time...not to mention curiosity as to how my new Internet would hold up trying to play...anything online.

So I went and killed both birds (murderer!) with a single stone and have found some activity on the PPL online, although most of it seemed to be with the same person who must be online trying to find matches quite a bit more often than I would have figured, one "11[Y Button][Y Button][Up Arrow][Up Arrow]" who seems to be a pretty strong contender.

Anyway, enough rambling out of me, I guess this means that I'd be up for a little action, just to see what shakes loose. Besides, I'd be a terrible (well, more terrible than I already am) guest if I went and ignored something like this, eh?

---

I'm in the United States Eastern time zone (GMT -5)

My Planet Puzzle League Friend Code is: 3866 5719 7447

September 4, 2011 at 12:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BusterTheFox
Site Owner

I've added you to the list as "Yu-Gi-Joou". Friend Code: 3866 5719 7447. Time Zone: USA East (GMT -5).

I think I've actually battled the guy you're talking about. I had one win and one loss, I believe. That person is pretty darn good. O_o

--

Planet Puzzle League FC: 318118-041762

Current best chains:

Planet Puzzle League: 22

Puzzle League GBA: 30 (Speed: Slow; Lift: On)

Tetris Attack: Coming soon!

Panel de Pon: Coming soon!

Tetris Attack GB: Coming soon!

Pokemon Puzzle League:

2D: 8

3D: 13

Garbage: 11

Pokemon Puzzle Challenge: Coming soon!

September 8, 2011 at 2:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tektonikk

I understand that your tournament has been postponed until further notice, but have you figured out an ETA for a revival time? I'd be down for some fun rounds (whether casual or tournament play) sometime. Let me know!

Kind thanks and warm regards!

March 10, 2012 at 11:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BusterTheFox
Site Owner

Hi, nice to have you here! :)

I'm about to post a new blog update about that, actually. Hopefully I can get this place running again very soon.

--

Current best chains:

Pokemon Puzzle League:

March 12, 2012 at 8:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BusterTheFox
Site Owner

Just wanted to bump this post to let people know about the new details I've added. The tournament is ready to begin at any time, but we just need more players. I've even added a legitimate prize! :) Hope to see more interested people!

September 22, 2012 at 3:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tektonikk

Fire me an e-mail when this gets started and I'll get my information to you guys.

Regards!
-Ted (from TA.org)

October 3, 2012 at 9:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BusterTheFox
Site Owner

I'll add you to the list, then! :) I'll PM Yu-Gi-Joou to see if she's still interested. If so, there's a possibility I could get my brother to fill in the fourth slot...

--

Current best chains:

Pokemon Puzzle League:

October 4, 2012 at 6:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yu-Gi-Joou

Hey, howdy. Sorry, not only have I been extremely lax in checking back up on you here (well, not just you, tetrisattack.org as well, so misery gets company, I can only imagine), but I got your message about the renewed interest on this.

I will say that, yes, I am still interested and available... or at least as available as can be said of me, my availability being somewhat sketchy of late and my home network undergoing some changes that have made me leery about doing anything particularly bold and daring with it like trying to *gasp* play games online (the nerve of some people!) and all that good junk.

Just to let you know my expectations, though... I'm not really interested in the tournament itself so much as the chance to play, but a tournament as such is indeed an event n which people play the game in question, so it's not mutually exclusive in the slightest.

So... in plainer terms, yes. I'm up for this. I don't really know or feel particularly invested in the details, but yes. Yes! :3

October 22, 2012 at 6:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NeoFayt

Hello everyone. Just joined the site after reading this topic. Figured I'd join even though the tourny is on hold. Went to grab my 3ds and puzzle league and find that my game is missing. So I guess I can't join. Though it's nice to find some other puzzle league players at the very least. If I manage to find my planet puzzle league I'll update this post with my info or something.

--

Pokemon Puzzle League video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVoMbTQHY4o&feature=g-crec-u

November 1, 2012 at 3:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BusterTheFox
Site Owner

@All: Sorry for my late reply, I've been keeping very busy with work and sleeping. xD Not sleeping IN, mind you, but the kind of sleep I need to not be tired during the day. Haha!

@Yu-Gi-Joou: Glad to hear you're willing to play! I seem to have lost your friend code, so if you can provide it again, that would be greeeaaat. Sorry! xD And no worries about the details; the tourney is as standard as it gets. You can even give up the prize, if you wish. :p Not that it's much of a prize to begin with.

@NeoFayt: Welcome! Shame to hear you can't find your copy of the game; that would've given us the fourth player we needed to start. x'3 Hope you can find it!

S-So close... I'll contact all of the participants when I have any new info for you! :)

--

Current best chains:

Pokemon Puzzle League:

November 3, 2012 at 8:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.